We would be very grateful if patients could use our services responsibly at this time. Staff are managing a lot of demand, and self isolation is affecting our capacity to respond to routine issues.
- Please do not order medication early or ask to stock pile medication. Like toilet roll stockpiling, this is not necessary and is only adding to the pressures we are dealing with. Use SystmOne Online to order as usual and this service will continue. We are relaxing the rules about registering for this service if you have not used it before. Please call reception to set this up.
- We are not issuing special rescue packs of antibiotics and steroids for asthmatics. Staying at home is the key step for “at risk” patients.
- Where possible please use our virtual surgery services to free up the phone lines and the team answering the phones.
- Please think about how you could support your local community. We have many isolated and vulnerable patients who you may be able to help at this time. Knowing that neighbours are there to help if needed can really support people who are having to isolate themselves, especially those over 70 who are facing a long period of isolation. Helping to pick up regular medication or food maybe a lifeline for them.
- Please be aware that issuing sick notes and medical records for insurance claims is a further pressure. Please find below a useful document which you could share with employers if you have been unwell or had to self isolate. We are encouraging employers to be pragmatic around these issues, in line with government advice.
You can get an isolation note for work direct from the government site, taking pressure of the practice.